10 Facts About Leylandii Trees Everyone Should Know
- Emma Harolds
Leylandii trees are popular in the UK for their fast growth and evergreen nature. They can grow up to 12 feet a year and quickly form a dense hedge. There are some things you should know about Leylandii trees before you decide to plant one in your garden. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 facts that everyone should know about Leylandii trees!
- Leylandii trees are popular for their fast growth rate. They can grow up to 12 feet a year!
- Leylandii trees are evergreen, meaning they keep their leaves all year round.
- Leylandii trees can quickly form a dense hedge. In just a few years, they can grow tall and thick enough to provide privacy and noise reduction.
- Leylandii trees are not native to the UK. They originate from North America and were introduced to the UK in the late 19th century.
- Leylandii trees are known for their aggressive root systems. If they are not planted in a large enough space, their roots can damage foundations, driveways, and underground pipes.
- Leylandii trees can grow up to 60 feet tall. If you are not careful, they can quickly overshadow your other plants and block out the sun.
- Leylandii trees are poisonous if eaten. Their leaves contain cyanide, which can be toxic to humans and animals if ingested.
- Leylandii trees are not easy to remove once they are established. They have deep roots that can be difficult to dig up. If you decide to remove a Leylandii tree, it is best to hire a professional tree removal company.
- Leylandii trees require very little maintenance. Once they are established, they do not need much water or fertilizer.
- Leylandii trees are not recommended for small gardens. They require a lot of space to grow and will quickly take over your garden if you are not careful. If you have a small garden, it is best to choose a different type of tree.